7 Jobs Available!
Assistant Brewer - Closing Applications: Nov 30, 2018
Employer: Yellowhead Brewing Company
Job Type: Full-Time
Does this sound like you?
Strong technical knowledge of all aspects of brewing from wort production through to packaging and service of beer
Strong mechanical understanding of the brewing process and related equipment
Excellent problem-solving skills
Flexible availability - brewing can sometimes be unpredictable!
Then we'd love to hear from you! You would be working alongside our head brewer on the following tasks:
Assist in the production of wort
Monitor beer throughout fermentation and other stages of production
Packaging duties (kegging, canning, and bottling i.e. repetitive tasks/lifting heavy things!)
Brewhouse, brite tank, FV, and yeast brink CIP and sanitization
Routine maintenance of the brewhouse and related equipment
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour on 3-months probation
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brewmaster - Closing Applications: Dec 27, 2018
Employer: Craft Brew
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Sackville, NB
A new startup in Sackville, New Brunswick is looking for a brewmaster as a potential startup partner in a brand new business venture.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Assistant Brewer - Closing Applications: Nov 14, 2018
Employer: Endeavour Brewing Company
Job Type: Part-Time
Location: St. Albert
Endeavour Brewing Company is seeking an assistant brewer to join our dynamic team. As we are a new brewery, this is your opportunity to help build a successful brewery from the beginning. We are seeking someone who works well in a small team, has a proven skill set in similar settings and possesses a strong passion for brewing high quality craft beer. Knowledge and passion for craft beer is a must!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
-Day to day operations within a craft brewing operation including but not limited to milling, brewing, canning, and kegging
-Ensuring that all vessels, equipment and facilities are kept clean and hygienic
-Carry out any general housekeeping required in the brewery to ensure that it is safe and well organized
-Assist with recording raw materials, production stage timings and quality checks when required
-Consistently reinforce quality across all brewing processes and product lines
-Carry out routine maintenance tasks as directed
-Must have a flexible schedule to accommodate demands of production
-Contribute ideas for new beers and improving processes
-Attending beer festivals or other community events
-Assist in tasting room when required
Education / Experience / Skills:
-Formal education in brewing, or a diploma/degree in Science or related field.
-Basic understand of the brewing process strongly sought asset
-Experience with MS Office / data entry required
-Ability to repeatedly lift 55lbs
-Valid Class 5 Drivers license
-Ability to work well independently and in team settings
-Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
-High attention to detail
-Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please respond with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Wage: Competitive wage based on previous work experience and expertise.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Brewmaster - Closing Applications: Dec 31, 2018
Employer: Valley Brewing
Job Type: Full-Time
Valley Brewing is looking to hire a full-time Brewmaster with a strong background in professional brewing, facility operations and maintenance.
Valley Brewing is a new, small scale brewery with a 15 HL brewing production system (Brewhouse) located in Drumheller, Alberta anticipated to open Spring 2019.
Our start-up can provide a very favourable opportunity for an experienced brewmaster, as we provide the possibility to create your own team and a clean slate for creativity and recipe originality.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the Brewmaster is responsible for all of the brewing production activities, develop and lead all aspects of the brewing departments and its staff. This is a permanent, full time, salaried position. The desired candidate must have excellent organizational, leadership, planning and management skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Recipe research and development, formulation and production.
• Responsible for all sensory and laboratory work for products at every stage.
• Consistently ensure quality and efficiency across all brewery processes and production lines.
• Develop seasonal and specialty beer recipes and ensure they appeal to our specified market.
• Manage all aspects of inventory control and ordering.
• Advise on selecting, expanding, upgrading and troubleshooting brewery equipment.
• Maintain excellent communication with suppliers and vendors and develop positive working relationship.
• Prepare production, monthly inventory and quality assurance reports
• Ensure brewery is compliant with safety and environmental regulations.
• Adhere to the "Safety First" methodology.
• Actively participate in developing company strategy and operating plan.
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate must possess the following criteria:
• A credential from an accredited brewing school or equivalent industry experience with demonstrated knowledge and experience in:
• Recipe formulation experience.
• Good knowledge of yeast varieties, framing, propagation and yeast care handling system.
• Ability to think both inside and outside of existing beer styles to create exciting new beers together with proven experimental brewing skills.
• Knowledge of keg and cask conditioned beer systems.
• Experience in selecting and buying hops, malt, yeast and other materials in a timely manner.
• Experience in flavour problem solving in the brewery;
• Experience in oxygen control systems during filtration and bottling
• Up to date knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety Standards regulations;
• Knowledge of Word, Excel and brewing software for brewing operations;
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
• Direct brewing: 1-2 years
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brewer Opening in Victoria! - Closing Applications: Dec 15, 2018
Employer: Category 12 Brewing
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Victoria, BC
At Category 12 We make beer worth leaving your career for!
You have always been fascinated with the craft of brewing beer and getting to brew beer each day is your dream job. You have more beer ideas than time. You’re looking for a brewery owned and operated by people that make and love craft beer, and who will appreciate your contribution. You understand that craft beer consumer tastes are diverse and that in order to brew the fun stuff you also need to brew solid, reputable flagships. You’re ready to run the production side of a growing brewery.
Category 12 is growing! Situated in Victoria (the “California of Canada”) we opened our doors nearly four years ago and have added cellar capacity each year since. We left our careers behind to open Category 12 and unleash our creativity on the world while proudly blending it with our scientific roots. We have a modern, bright and inviting work environment with a great on-site lounge. We brew beers that are hard to make and love truly unique flavour experiences that are both Belgian and West Coast inspired. We have a deep fascination with the science and art behind the craft of brewing and are obsessed with all the geeky details (microbes and all!). We have an expanding oak barrel-aging program and propagate any yeast strain we desire. Hundreds of brews later, we feel like we are still just beginning to flex our creative muscles with new ideas constantly in development. We’re a tight-knit family of friendly, passionate people that thrive on taking the beer we brew seriously but not ourselves. We enjoy supporting each other, sharing our beer (and story) with the public and getting the job done every day.
We offer very competitive wages and extended medical and dental benefits.
* Able to multitask and keenly able to identify and prioritize details that matter
* The person in the room that brings a can-do attitude to the team each day
* Passionate and enthusiastic about craft beer
* Customer focused
* Able to anticipate and support your team’s needs
* Detail-oriented, organized, efficient and self-motivated
* A strong communicator, in person and by email
* Tech-savvy (you actually like it, don’t just put up with it)
* Commercial brewing and cellar experience
* Experience in orchestrated work environments
* Experience with wood-aged fermentations is a plus (barrels, foeders)
* A track record of developing new beer recipes is a plus
* Awards and accolades for beers you’ve created is a plus
Technologies & Equipment we use:
* 15 HL two vessel Specific Mechanical brewhouse
* 420 HL cellar capacity
* Automated Specific Mechanical keg washer
* Meheen bottler
* Yeast propagator and QA lab
* Oak barrel aging program
* Slack, Google Apps (Gmail, Docs and Sheets)
* Inventory Control Management software
* Forklifts and pallet stackers
If this sounds like you, and you want to live in Victoria, we’d love to talk! Please apply by sending a letter introducing yourself (beers are accepted as well!) and your resume to email@example.com
Wage: Competitive! (+benefits!)
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brewer/Brewery Lab Technician - Closing Applications: Dec 07, 2018
Employer: Coulee Brew Co.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Coulee Brew Co. is currently looking for a driven and responsible person to fill the position of Brewer/Brewery Lab Technician. Coulee Brew Co. is dedicated to crafting our own beers for Lethbridge and area.
As a Brewer/Brewery Lab Technician, this person reports directly to the Brewmaster and works closely with all production team members to ensure quality beer is produced. The Brewer/Brewery Lab Technician will be running the Coulee Lab with additionl brewing related task as time permits, so brewing experience is an asset.
This person must possess exceptional communication skills both verbal and written. To be successful, this person must be communicative, passionate, thorough, and creative. The Brewer/Brewery Lab Technician must have extensive knowledge about brewing processes and always put quality and safety first.
Other responsibilities include:
• At any time during a batch's life in the brewery, stop production on that batch if it does not meet Coulee quality standards
• Milling and staging recipes accurately
• Preparing brewhouse/brewery/tanks for brewing brews
• CIP of brewhouse, cellar vessels, tanks, and all wort/beer contact surfaces
• Yeast propagation, pitching, harvest, and management
• Brewing/wort production and cellaring (fermentation maintenance, dry hopping, racking, filtering, and carbonation)
• Packaging Beer; Kegging and Canning line assistance as required
• Maintain laboratory facilities to ensure safe and efficient lab operations
• Preparing and collecting samples for laboratory analysis
• Accurate record keeping and data entry
• Cleaning/scrubbing all brewery surfaces, including outsides of tanks, hoses, transfer lines, etc.
• Monitor ancillary equipment such as mill, augers, boiler, chiller, compressor, etc.
• Monitor and record quantitative data on wort and beer progress from brewing through to packaged product
• Inventory counts on brewing related materials
• Stock rotation of both raw and finished goods
• Communicate foreseen production delays/snags/conflicts/etc. with the Brewmaster
• Use company software to accurately record and report brewing related activities
• Safe use and preparation of laboratory chemicals and solutions
• Analysis, data collection and recording of data for: Water, Wort, Green Beer, Brite Beer, Yeast, Finished Product, plant/facilities and other information as required for future improvement and development of Coulee’s QA/QC program
• Maintenance, development/improvement, and documentation of Coulee QA/QC standards
• Monitor, record and analyze quantitative data on wort & beer progress from raw materials to brewing through to packaged product
• Communicate foreseen production delays/snags/conflicts/etc. with the Head Brewer
• Use company software to accurately record and report brewing and QA/QC related activities
• Additional brewing related QA/QC/lab-work as required by Brewmaster
• Laboratory supplies inventory ordering and maintenance to ensure continued operation of the lab
• Additional brewing related QA/QC/lab-work as required by QA/QC manager and Head Brewer
• Other brewing related tasks, as required
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong attention to detail and quality
• Problem solving and solution-oriented communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• The ability to follow instructions and procedures.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The ideal candidate will also have the following requirements:
• Strong communication
• Planning skills
• Leadership qualities
• Extensive experience in breweries
• Homebrew experience or education may be preferred
• Passion for beer
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail
If you think you are the right fit, please submit your application with your resume and references included.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Head Brewer - Closing Applications: Dec 28, 2018
Employer: Saltbox Brewing Company
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Mahone Bay
Saltbox Brewery is located in beautiful Mahone Bay Nova Scotia a thriving tourist town within a 45 minute drive of Halifax. Celebrating two years of operation and continued growth, we find ourselves in need of a Head Brewer.
Saltbox operates a 10BBL brewhouse, a barrel aging program and a SABCO system for experimental brews. Our products are featured throughout NS, in the NSLC, several private beer stores and restaurants and pubs. We will be opening a second location in Bridgewater, effective May 2019 and have plans for other new locations.
As Head Brewer you will lead recipe formulation, yeast management, ordering supplies, coordinating distribution, etc. This position offers exciting work and growth opportunity to a passionate brewer.
The Head Brewer will be responsible for:
• Oversee all areas of brewing, including quality control processes and therefore will be well versed in scheduling, brewing, cellaring and packaging operations.
• Keep detailed notes and logs.
• Research, develop and test new recipes, creating award winning Saltbox beers.
• Perform quality tests using pH meters, spectrophotometer, and other tools.
• Manage raw materials, inventory control, scheduling and supplier contracts.
• Sanitary sampling, yeast cell counts and record keeping of all beers produced.
• All cellar operations including DE filtration, tank transfer, sanitation procedures.
• Equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Coordinating operations with Packaging, Maintenance, QC and Shipping departments.
• Strong verbal communication and organization skills.
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
• Hands-on leadership skills for developing and training a team.
• Good understanding of quality assurance / quality control and problem solving skills and to troubleshoot any beer related issues.
• Assist with client and vendor relationships.
• Participation in events, festivals, promotions, etc, as well as educating and preparing our team for these events.
• Develop barrel filling plan, working with Marketing and Operations to ensure the beer is available when it is needed.
• Schedule and perform racking of beer out of barrels.
• Arranging for monthly taste panels to determine above schedules.
• Maintain inventory of barrel parts and equipment. Assess equipment purchases and major expenditures to maximize benefit; seek appropriate level approval(s).
• Guarantee a safe working environment for employees by maintaining the facility and equipment in an optimal working environment and enforces adherence to safe work practices.
• Maintain master list of pilot brewed beers, with brewing results, tasting results, and next steps/recommendations.
• Maintain inventory of kegs of pilot brews
• Maintain inventory of pilot brewing ingredients including:
o ◦ Having an accurate supply list so recipes can be formulated using available ingredients
o ◦ Dispose of ingredients past their lifecycle
o ◦ Order new ingredients, hop varieties, malt types, yeast strains as desired and/or as directed.
o ◦ Maintain good storage practices for all pilot ingredients
o ◦ Keep an interesting and diverse supply of ingredients.
• Train brewers to brew on pilot system
• Maintain an electronic brew log of every pilot beer
• Overall goal is to produce the highest quality beer as possible with regards to consistency and taste.
• Oversee the Brewery’s quality program and practices.
• With the Operations Manager, develop and review quality reports/statistics to ensure consistent, quality finished goods. Also, ensure compliance standards are consistently met or exceeded.
• Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to, improved upon where applicable and trained to for new hires/transfers.
• Work with Finance to review appropriate financial statements, sales and activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement.
• Identify and rectify areas for cost reduction and program improvement.
• Establish key metrics and then develop & implement plans to achieve production goals, always keeping profitability as a priority.
• Evaluate operating results throughout the brewery to ensure that beer growth objectives are being met and makes sure that key metrics are communicated to the team.
• Ensure team members have the right tools, knowledge and equipment required to do their jobs effectively and safely.
• Support Company events (local or regional) as required; assist Sales Team as needed
• Be a champion for the Company in the brewing community.
• Other duties as assigned.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students' Association of Olds College