Studio Assistant / Off-figure Stylist - Closing Applications: May 24, 2019
Employer: Direct Focus Marketing Communications
Job Type: Part-Time
As an Off-figure Stylist/Studio Assistant, you’ll work closely and seamlessly with a team of other stylists, photographers, art directors, and coordinators. You’ll be in charge of helping to prep clothes, create apparel laydowns and learn the ins and outs of what it takes to deliver high quality fashion photography and content for a major Canadian clothing retailer based on their brand and its specifications.
Essentially, you will:
• Create and style inspiring, on-brand apparel laydowns for photo shoots.
• Work with the whole team to plan and execute projects.
• Work with our other Stylists to learn the craft at a high level.
• Use the latest versions of Power Point, Excel, Word, Adobe, and Outlook.
• Help prep and steam items for the shoot.
• Develop a close rapport with the client.
• Communicate with all relevant departments to keep everyone abreast of progress and project status.
• Work closely with Client Services to ensure the client is always happy.
• Maintain a working knowledge of client’s preferred procedure.
• Contribute to a positive working environment with optimism and (occasional) high-fives.
• Organize and manage clothing and accessories while on set or traveling.
• University or college graduate, or equivalent experience, in a related field.
• General knowledge and interest in fashion trends.
• Interest in learning for our stylists. * Prior Off-figure styling experience in not required
About Direct Focus
Direct Focus is an end-to-end marketing and communications company. We consider everything from our clients’ perspective and build solutions that solve their business challenges. We dislike silos, so we listen to each other and work in teams, coordinating many skills and services. Our offices are in Toronto, Portland and Calgary, with headquarters in Winnipeg.
Wage: TBD based on experience
Contact Email: email@example.com
Bridal Boutique - Fashion Retail Internship Opportunity - Closing Applications: Apr 15, 2019
Employer: Blush & Raven
Job Type: Part-Time
We are looking for a highly-motivated, client focused student to intern during the weekends at our intimate bridal boutique located on the beltline. Responsibilities include:
- greeting and checking in clients for their appointments
- answering phones, managing client requests
- unpacking and packing trunk shows, steaming gowns
- helping to merchandise the product and accessories on the floor; maintain product standards
- helping dress mannequins with direction, rotating product to keep the boutique looking fresh and exciting
- cleaning (sweeping, mopping, dusting, etc.)
Hours worked with go towards practicum.
Wage: Unpaid - credit towards practicum
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students' Association of Olds College