Hospitality and Tourism
1 Job Available.
Hotel Night Manager - Closing Applications: Nov 15, 2018
Employer: Dunvegan Inn & Suites
Job Type: Full-Time
This dynamic individual will confidently act on behalf of management in their absence.
The Night Manager will act to safeguard the interests of the company and to maintain a professional appearance and attitude while upholding the service standards of the hotel.
This person is ultimately responsible for the continued successful operation of the food and beverage establishments in the Dunvegan Inn & Suites. This includes: the Café, the Fireside Dining Room, the Aurora Sports Bar, the Rose & Thistle Pub, the “Liquor Store”, and all catering or banquet functions.
The Manager’s knowledge and experience in the hospitality industry proves this individual to be a selective recruiter, excellent trainer & mentor for new employees. This person is a constant influence to the positive behavior and performance of employees every day.
• Full-time – minimum 30 hours per week as required (aprox.7:00PM – 3:00am)
• Evenings and weekends
• Start date: As soon as available
• Hotel with 80 guest rooms, formal dining room, café, sports bar, pub, liquor store, and banquet facilities
• Completion of high school
• Completion of college, vocational, or technical programming in Hospitality (Food & Beverage) Management.
• Food Service Manager and/or Food and Beverage Server Certification such as Emerit
• Post Secondary Diploma or Degree in Hospitality Management
• Safe Food Handling
• First-aid, CPR, AED
• Proserve, Security Training, AGLC certifications
• Minimum 2 years in the Food & Beverage industry.
• ENGLISH – excellent written and verbal comprehension.
Key Responsibilities Could Include
• Supervise approximately 15 - 20 employees in various departments.
• Maintain liquor inventory – sales, stock, weekly ordering.
• Requisition liquor and necessary supplies to the various departments.
• Organize, control, and evaluate nightly operations to achieve maximum profitability while ensuring the highest level of product quality and guest satisfaction. This includes monitoring revenues and modifying procedures.
• Responding and reacting to customer & guest comments and complaints.
• Participate in marketing plans and implementation.
• Ensure health and safety guidelines are implemented and followed as per Alberta Occupational Health and Safety
• Hotel security
• Assist staff in evening departments as required.
• Implement operational procedures and changes.
• Enforce provincial liquor legislation and regulations.
• Coordinating the effective use of staff.
• Continuous ongoing support and communication, both written & verbal, with all employees and members of the management team.
• Troubleshooting and proactively resolving issues as they arise.
• Ensure banquet facilities are set-up as required for scheduled events. Ensure kitchen, bar, and service staff are prepared as required.
• Addressing any after-hours maintenance as required, including seasonal sidewalk maintenance – snow & ice removal, and guest room issues.
• Ensure routine cleaning tasks are performed at the end of each night.
• Conduct nightly security and maintenance checks throughout and around the perimeter of the building. Record any deficiencies, issues, and irregularities found.
• Complete reports and paperwork as required – recording incidents & accidents using proper documentation protocol.
• Check lobby and banquet doors nightly to ensure they are locked and clean.
• Check garbage containers and ashtrays to ensure they have been emptied.
• Handle emergency situations.
• Relieve & assist Front Desk Agent as necessary.
• Control & authorize sales voids and adjustments as necessary.
• Attend all management, department, and employee meetings as they are scheduled.
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities
• Work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, carrying, and standing.
Wage: $19.00/hour +
Contact Email: email@example.com
Students' Association of Olds College