Land and Environment
5 Jobs Available!
Grounds Maintenance CFB Suffield FSWEP Campaign 2019 - Closing Applications: Dec 31, 2018
Employer: Grounds Maintenance
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: RPOU(West) Det Canadian Forces Base Suffield
Maintain landscaping onsite and assist personnel with site projects. Duties shall include but, not be limited to cutting lawn using ride-on, and/or walk-behind lawn mower. Prune and/or trim hedges, shrubs, and trees using power and non-power hedge trimmer and/or saw. Perform weed abatement using gas-powered weed trimmers and/or shovel. Plant, fertilize, and water grass lawn, flowers, shrubs, and trees as needed. Requires the use of hand tools to dig and fill excavations, trenches, holes, and level ground. Repair and replace landscape sprinkler system when required. Repair and/or replace chain link and barb-wire fencing. Maintain parking lots keep clean and free of debris. Maintain storm drain culverts and ditches to meet the site requirement.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of hand and power tools and mechanical equipment.
- Operation and operator maintenance of various machinery.
- Ensures that all safety procedures and practices are carried out by self and other staff in order to prevent injury to self, co-workers and surrounding community while performing work tasks.
Full-Time Summer Seasonal
40hrs / Mon-Fri / 8:00-4:30
To be eligible, you must be studying in Canada, or be a Canadian student studying abroad, and satisfy the following criteria:
- A full-time secondary or post-secondary student in an accredited institution
- Currently recognized as having full-time student status in the academic institution in which you are presently enrolled
- Returning to full-time studies for your next academic term
- At least the minimum age to work in the province or territory where the job exists.
- Part-time students who are recognized by their academic institution as having a disability are also eligible to apply.
- Each student hired through the FSWEP program must meet the security requirements of his/her position as a condition of employment, and therefore will be asked by the hiring organization to complete security-related documents.
- Retain Alberta Class 5 Drivers Licenses (*Graduated Driver’s License is NOT acceptable)
- Obtain and retain a DND 404 driver’s license.
To apply you MUST submit an application online.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Herbicide Applicator - Closing Applications: Dec 31, 2018
Employer: Carnwood Contracting Ltd
Job Type: Part-Time
Location: Drayton Valley
Herbicide Applicator (Weed Sprayer)
Summer Employment May 2019 - August 2019
Carnwood Contracting Ltd. is a family owned and operated business based out of
Drayton Valley, Alberta. We provide herbicide application, mowing/trimming, and reclamation services to a diverse group of industries. This is a great opportunity for post-secondary students.
Application of herbicide to oilfield facilities, pipelines, roadsides, and other industrial locations.
H2S Alive, First Aid, WHMIS, EGSO, PST, and TDG completed before start date
Class 5 drivers license - Must have a clean driver’s abstract
Comprehensive on the job training will be provided
Willingness to work long hours and weekends
An agricultural or environmental background is an asset
Excellent wages and overtime
A fast-paced, fun environment
Comprehensive on the job training with modern, high-quality equipment
Valuable experience in the oilfield industry
Accommodations are available for out of town applicants
Spray experience is an asset
Some work away required
Drayton Valley, Alberta
$18.00 - $25.00/hr + overtime. Pay is based on experience. All employees are eligible for a Safety Performance bonus.
*Only qualified candidates will be contacted*
Contact Email: email@example.com
Conservation Land Negotiator - Closing Applications: Nov 16, 2018
Employer: Ducks Unlimited Canada
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: North Battleford, Saskatchewan
Conservation Land Negotiator
North Battleford, Saskatchewan
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of Canada’s leading conservation organizations, is looking for a confident, energetic and dedicated professional to join our team in Saskatchewan.
As a Conservation Land Negotiator, you will be responsible for the planning, development, delivery and negotiation of habitat programs which benefit waterfowl and other wildlife.
You need to be an enthusiastic team player and passionate about the outdoors – a self-starter who can work with anyone, and capable of working alone in rural settings under minimal supervision and recognize the importance of environmental stewardship within the agricultural production systems.
Your communication and negotiation skills enable you to deal effectively with various stakeholders, including the general public, government, agribusiness and wildlife communities.
You are independent, resourceful and possess strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills and can manage numerous projects on tight deadlines.
You are a persuasive, goal-oriented individual. Your personal and professional experience and directly related knowledge make you the ideal candidate for this position.
The successful candidate will also have an affinity to the outdoors, conservation and the world of waterfowl.
• A post-secondary degree or diploma in wildlife management, biology, ecology or related discipline; an Agriculture diploma with relevant work experience will also be considered.
• Knowledge of waterfowl and other animal and plant biology
• Knowledge of sustainable resource management would be considered an asset.
• Experience in planning and project management.
• Excellent organization, interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
• Strong computer and analytical skills – ArcMap an asset
• Previous sales or cold-calling experience would be an asset
• Knowledge of working farms and practices, annual crop and forage/grazing production systems.
• Experience with various outdoor equipment including GPS, ATV’s, Boats etc
• Familiarity with the non-profit and/or environmental conservation sectors would also be considered an asset
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing deadline: November 16, 2018
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered
for an interview will be contacted.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Land Care Coordinator (Maternity Leave) - Closing Applications: Nov 16, 2018
Employer: Kneehill County
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Three Hills, Alberta
Reporting to the Manager of Parks Agricultural Services, this position administers Alberta
Agriculture's Environmental Extension Programs, as well as assists in the delivery of Agricultural
Service Board (ASB) programs and services. It also supports Parks and Cemetery programming and
provides agricultural parks expertise to boards, committees, ratepayers, and rural and inter-municipal partners.
Related technical diploma or degree
Previous supervisory experience or supervisory skills would be an asset
Agricultural background is a necessity. Specific experience in riparian management, soil
conservation, grazing management, nutrient management and extension activities as an
Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite of programs; working experience with
ArcGIS and GPS.
Strong mechanical aptitude.
Strong technical writing skills and experience.
Strong interpersonal, verbal and written, communication skills.
Understanding and working knowledge of policy and programming development
As an asset, experience in local government and as an Agricultural or Assistant Fieldman.
Agricultural pest weed identification and knowledge as it pertains to the acts.
Hold or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Pesticide Applicator Certificate of qualification in the
categories of industrial, agriculture and landscape; including license to issue pest control
products (Form 7 from Alberta Agriculture).
Valid Alberta Class 5 driving license.
Experience with towing trailers, operating heavy duty equipment and off road vehicles.
Ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lifting up to 50 lbs)
Clear understanding of the Acts under which the department operates including the ASB
Act, Alberta Weed Control Act, Pest Control Act, Soil Conservation Act, Animal Health Act,
and Cemetery’s act.
Good sense of humor
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contract Environmental Field Supervisor - Closing Applications: Nov 20, 2018
Employer: Bowron Environmental Group
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Grande Prairie, Dawson Creek, Edmonton or Fort McMurray
Contract Environmental Field Supervisors – Environmental Services Division Bowron Environmental Group Ltd., (Bowron) is a growing multi-disciplinary environmental management company focused on providing services to the upstream oil & gas industry.
Our Environmental Services Division is currently looking for dedicated and self-motivated professionals to join our team as Contract Environmental Field Supervisors. This position involves the day-to-day management of environmental practices associated with water diversion events and drilling waste disposal activities applicable to resource extraction projects located throughout Western Canada. Additional services include site assessments, environmental monitoring, disposal supervision, and spill response.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Soil, Water, and Drilling Waste Sample Collection and Analysis
• Water Licencing and Diversion Compliance Management
• Drilling Waste Disposal Management
• Environmental Site Assessments
• Landowner and Client Liaison
Required Skills / Qualifications:
• Education: Preference is given to those with a Bachelor of Science in environmental related studies. Applicants with a 2-year technical diploma in earth sciences, environmental management or land reclamation are also encouraged to apply.
• Safety certifications: Valid Driver's License, H2S Alive, and Standard First Aid are compulsory. Additional safety training will be provided to successful candidates.
• Experience: Previous experience in the oil & gas industry or related environmental field is considered an asset.
• Equipment: personal PPE, handheld GPS, laptop computer, digital camera, printer / scanner, and a reliable vehicle with off-road capabilities.
• Other: Establishment and maintenance of consulting company with all required insurances (General Liability, Commercial Automotive, Workers Compensation etc.)
At Bowron, we recognize the success of our organization is founded in the people who make up our team. As a result, we are committed to the professional growth and development of these individuals.
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position and would be an asset to Bowron, please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference "Contract Environmental Field Supervisor" in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Students' Association of Olds College