Information for Employers
The SAOC has provided the job board to help our students find the jobs they need and to assist employers in connecting to a large pool of potential workers.
Why Hire a Student?
Students and successful graduates at Olds College are available from a variety of academic programs with the knowledge and hands-on skills required for many positions.
The benefits of hiring students include:
- Bringing new perspectives and fresh ideas to your organization
- Recruiting skilled talent for short-term or ongoing projects
- Supplementing existing staff during peak periods and temporary leaves
- Accessing talent equipped with the latest education and skills
- Increasing organizational awareness to potential future employees
- Developing the leadership potential of your existing staff
- Year-round availability and flexible work term duration
- Hiring quality talent at a reasonable cost
A Few Ways to Make Your Job Student-Friendly
- Be aware of your student employees’ academic constraints – exam schedules and so forth
- Flexible hours may be a real advantage when you are hiring students – not essential, but helpful
- Students like entry-level jobs – they need to build their experience – but also like to know up-front if there is an advancement path
- If your job has particular requirements – such as dress / equipment or vehicle requirements – either providing or assisting in obtaining these prerequisites will improve your success in finding student employees
- If your job requires work experience but you are willing to accept academic qualifications or training in lieu of that, be sure to let students know