Heavy Duty Technician & Apprentice - Closing Applications: Jul 24, 2019
Employer: Jasper Constructors Ltd.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Jasper Constructors has an exciting opportunity for a Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician & Apprentice Technician to join our team to work at the Calgary Shop located in southeast Calgary.
What You'll Be Doing:
As a Heavy Equipment Technician, you will
• Perform preventative maintenance with equipment and various specialty tools
• Complete inspections and maintenance on company equipment
• Service and rebuild construction equipment
• Candidates with extensive troubleshooting experience will be given preference
Some of our equipment includes:
• Light Plants
• Zoom Booms
• Aerial Lifts
• Skid Steers
• Mobile Cranes
• Tower Cranes
• Fleet Vehicles
• Service Trucks
• Hold a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic certificate or Apprentice, with off road, field truck and support equipment experience
• Hold valid CSTS, Fall Arrest, Aerial Work Platform and First Aid certificates
• Hold a valid Class 5 Drivers License
• Have at least 3 years of experience with off road construction equipment, field trucks and support equipment
• Have experience with Tower Crane maintenance (must be okay to work at heights)
• Have extensive troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Have experience with completing purchase orders, requisitions and time sheets (completed on the computer)
• Have excellent written communication skills to complete daily service reports
JASPER CONSTRUCTORS OFFERS:
• Competitive compensation
• Group Insurance Benefits and RRSP Program
• Opportunities for advancement
• Safe working environment
If you want to work with a dynamic team and build your future, APPLY NOW!
Visit our website for all available opportunities - http://www.jasperconstructors.com/jobs-board/
We thank all candidates for their interest in Jasper Constructors, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heavy Equipment Technician - Closing Applications: Aug 03, 2019
Employer: Acden Facilities
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Fort McMurray
CNRL Horizon Site Fly In/Fly Out OR Busing for Locals Camp Provided
7 days on / 7 days off Full Benefits after 3 months 84 Hour Shift Rotations
Our family is constantly growing and we’re looking for new members.
Heavy Equipment Technician
Competition #: AF-2019-078
Acden Facilities is currently seeking one (1) Journeyperson/Red Seal Heavy Equipment Technician to support their Oil Sands client. This position is primarily located at CNRL Horizon, however, schedules, shifts and site locations may change from time to time to meet operational requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform all aspects of heavy equipment diagnosis, repairs and preventative maintenance.
• Complete routine self-generated work, and daily work order requests for repairs and service.
• Complete estimates, required invoices, and report and document work that is performed.
• Mentor and provide training with apprentices as required.
• Respond to emergencies when required.
• Other duties as assigned that fulfill the demands of the role
• Alberta Certified Journeyman or Inter-provincial Red Seal in Heavy Equipment Trade.
• Experienced with four-wheel drive is required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a diverse workforce.
• Excellent problem-solving, organization and multi-tasking skills.
• Complete all work in compliance with legislation, regulations and site policies and procedures.
• Comprehensive Drug, Alcohol, Audiometric and Physical Abilities Testing tests.
• Common Safety Orientation (CSO) or equivalent.
• Class 5 Driver’s Licence with clean 5-year Driver’s Abstract - You must submit at the time of application, a 5-year Driver’s Abstract that has been obtained in the last 30 days.
• Eligible to work on all Oil Sands sites within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
Additional Incentives include competitive industry wage, night shift premium and comprehensive benefits after 90 days.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and complete the online application at www.acden.com/careers
We would like to thank all who apply; however, only candidates that are being considered will be contacted.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people (including ACFN, MCFN, FMFN, and Métis), women, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanic - Closing Applications: Jul 05, 2019
Employer: Special Areas Board
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Youngstown, AB
YOUNGSTOWN: The Special Areas Board is currently seeking an Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanic based out of the Special Areas Board’s modern 19 bay vehicle and equipment Service Centre in Youngstown, Alberta.
The Special Areas Board maintains a large municipal road construction and maintenance program with over 300 pieces of equipment. The Board operates a modernized fleet of equipment and is focused on a detailed preventative maintenance program.
Emphasis will be on analysis, repair, and maintenance of diesel engines, trucks (gravel, water and oil distribution), motor graders, crawlers, self-loading earth moving equipment, trailers, tractors and other types of smaller equipment. The Special Areas does not do major component overhauls in-house (renewal & replacement only).
QUALIFICATIONS: An application for Apprentice must be eligible for admission into the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training program. Second, third and fourth year apprentices will be considered. Basic computer skills are required. See https://tradesecrets.alberta.ca/trades-occupations/profiles/0191/ for more details. A valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required. For additional information contact Shaune Kovitch, Superintendent, Roads and Streets at (403) 779-3733.
Salary: First Year apprentices’ salary is 60% Journeyman Rates
Competition No.: 30052
Closing Date: July 5, 2019
This is a designated safety sensitive position and mandatory drug testing will be conducted.
Please send an application or resume quoting the competition number to:
Special Areas Board
Box 820, Hanna, AB T0J 1P0
Fax Number: (403) 854-5527
We thank all applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be contacted.www.specialareas.ab.ca
Wage: SALARY: $73,800 to $79,818 per annum 60% first year
Contact Email: SpecialAreasHR@specialareas.ab.ca
Farrier Business For Sale - Closing Applications: Jun 30, 2019
Employer: Aaron Harbidge Farrier Service
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: High Prairie, AB
Hi, My name is Aaron Harbidge. I am an established Farrier in the High Prairie, AB, area. I am looking for a graduate farrier who would like to start their own Farrier business. My business is for sale, and would provide an excellent opportunity for a young farrier to start with an established client list, and huge potential for continued growth. I am constantly turning away work, due to physical reasons. If you have a good understanding of basic farrier principals, the desire to run a professional farrier business, and want to start somewhere where you have very little competition, this may be a fit for you. I would be willing to provide business coaching, referrals, and I have proven methods of advertising effectively in this area. The business covers the area between Valleyview, AB, High Prairie, AB, and Peace River, AB.
Wage: Set according to experience and training
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprentice Welder/Fabricator - Closing Applications: Jun 23, 2019
Employer: CARE Industries Ltd.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Blackfalds, AB
CARE Industries Ltd. is a Canadian owned and operated company committed to achieving industry leadership through the manufacturing of superior Drilling and Servicing equipment.
We are currently looking for Apprentice Welders and/or Fabricators to join our team.
Essential Job Functions:
Structural welding, fabrication, and assembly of complete rig packages and equipment
Perform welding processes: stick, SMAW, GMAW (metal/flux core, mig)
Operation and use of fabrication equipment including hand tools (shears, brakes, drill press, grinders, saws, etc.)
Manufacture equipment from layouts, blueprints and/or work orders
Maintain and perform minor repairs on welding, brazing and soldering equipment
Clean and inspect all work at completion to ensure compliance and specifications
Conduct all work in a safe and orderly manner
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Knowledge and operational experience of basic hand tools and other shop equipment
Basic layout skills
Knowledge of fabrication equipment and various other tools/equipment: shears, drill press, pedestal grinders, etc.
Organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
Demonstrates a strong willingness to learn
Ability to work within a team environment
Must hold a valid class 5 Driver’s Licence
Preferred Education and Experience:
Wage: $18.00 - $27.00 per hour
Contact Email: email@example.com
Students' Association of Olds College